Native title recognises a set of rights and interests over land or waters where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander groups have practised, and continue to practice, traditional laws and customs prior to sovereignty.
The head of our native title law practice, Jeff Dillon, has been listed over many years Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as one of Australia’s leading native title lawyers. Over his years in practice, Jeff has developed strong relationships with indigenous groups, developers and mining organisations, as well as a wealth of experience in dealing successfully with government bodies, tribunals and other stakeholders in relation to indigenous rights and interests.
In particular, Jeff is experienced in the following:-
- Cultural Heritage Management Plans
- Cultural Heritage Management Agreements
- Indigenous Land Use Agreements
- Exploration Agreements
- Right to Negotiate matters
- All other agreements pursuant to the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Act and the Native Title Act
If you would like to speak to Jeff, phone our office on (07) 4721 2477.